Wedding bells turned to blows on Friday, prompting Seattle police to arrest one rowdy for investigation of assault.
Seattle police arrested a man for investigation of assault after a brawl broke out among guests at a wedding reception.
Officers were walking an emphasis patrol beat on Capitol Hill around at 10 p.m. Friday when they spotted a group of apparently intoxicated people fighting in a stairwell at the Century Ballroom near 10th Avenue and East Pine Street, police said.
The officers, seeing one man trying to grab another man by the throat, stepped in to break up the fight, police said. The man shoved an officer and was taken into custody, according to police.
The 31-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of assault.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Police said the people involved in the melee had just attended a wedding at the Century Ballroom.