Zarin Price was arrested last year after witnesses saw him beating the victim in the parking lot of a hotel.
PORTLAND — A Seattle man who traveled across the Oregon line to pimp out his girlfriend has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison.
U.S. District Court Judge Robert Jones told Zarin Price he was “very reluctantly” following the sentencing recommendation agreed to by prosecutors and the defense. The judge said he hopes the 36-year-old matures in prison and opts for a different life than that of a heroin addict and pimp.
Price said in a Portland courtroom Wednesday that drugs were the focus of his crime, not the money.
Price was arrested last year after witnesses saw him beating the victim in the parking lot of a hotel south of Portland. Investigators learned he had put the woman on the streets of Seattle before taking her to Oregon.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big snow expected in Cascades — and Seattle may get some, too
- Snow in the mountains, wind gusts everywhere as winter hits Seattle
- Orange barriers are the new Black Friday accessory at Westlake Park
- My Seattle neighborhood had a plywood and GoFundMe kind of Thanksgiving
- Seattle Marathon: Road closures, where to park and weather forecast