A Lacey man shot his wife three times before shooting and killing himself in a Tacoma parking lot on Sunday morning.
TACOMA — Police say a 23-year-old Lacey man shot his wife three times before shooting and killing himself in a Tacoma parking lot.
The News Tribune reports Fidel Guevara followed his wife when she left early Sunday to stay elsewhere for the night. He reportedly fired into her car after she pulled into a parking lot with restaurants and businesses near Interstate 5.
She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Officials declined to give her condition Monday.
Police spokeswoman Loretta Cool says the couple had been having marital problems and Guevara’s wife had been in the process of moving.
Most Read Local Stories
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- "I've never seen it this bad": USPS staffing woes hit Seattle area
- Powerful quake rocks Turkey and Syria, kills more than 2,600
- Man rescued by Coast Guard wanted in 'Goonies' fish incident
- Dozens of dogs rescued from Seattle doggy day care fire
After shooting her, Cool says Guevara fatally shot himself and that his car hit the back of a restaurant.
Information from: The News Tribune, http://www.thenewstribune.com