A Lacey man shot his wife three times before shooting and killing himself in a Tacoma parking lot on Sunday morning.
TACOMA — Police say a 23-year-old Lacey man shot his wife three times before shooting and killing himself in a Tacoma parking lot.
The News Tribune reports Fidel Guevara followed his wife when she left early Sunday to stay elsewhere for the night. He reportedly fired into her car after she pulled into a parking lot with restaurants and businesses near Interstate 5.
She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Officials declined to give her condition Monday.
Police spokeswoman Loretta Cool says the couple had been having marital problems and Guevara’s wife had been in the process of moving.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
After shooting her, Cool says Guevara fatally shot himself and that his car hit the back of a restaurant.
Information from: The News Tribune, http://www.thenewstribune.com