The fatal shooting of a 29-year-old man last Saturday in Kirkland may be drug-related, police said.
Kirkland police say the fatal shooting of a 29-year-old man last weekend may be drug-related.
Police, responding to reports of shots fired, found the victim just before 7:30 p.m. Saturday in a residence in the 9700 block of Northeast 138th Place. The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have said little about the homicide.
“The incident does not appear to be random in nature and may be drug related,” police wrote in a news release. Police say they are “releasing limited information due to the nature of the ongoing investigation.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Aurora borealis may be visible from Seattle this week
- Third La Niña winter might be headed for Seattle
- Seattle's 'endless summer' forecast stretches out
- Seattle city attorney making quicker filing decisions, prosecuting misdemeanors more often, report says
- Seattle man already accused of assaulting 2 strangers charged in Capitol Hill homicide
Kirkland police did not elaborate.
The release said Auburn police have located a stolen vehicle that may have possible ties to the victim.