PORT ORCHARD — A Pierce County man accused of pimping and raping underage girls has pleaded guilty in Kitsap Superior Court.
The Kitsap Sun reports that Ricky Lee Grundy Jr. entered his pleas Monday to human trafficking, promoting sexual abuse of a minor and three counts of child rape.
The victims were 14 and 15 years old. Sentencing was set for Sept. 25.
Prosecutors say it’s the most serious human trafficking case they’ve handled.
Most Read Local Stories
- Aurora borealis may be visible from Seattle this week
- Third La Niña winter might be headed for Seattle
- Seattle's 'endless summer' forecast stretches out
- Seattle city attorney making quicker filing decisions, prosecuting misdemeanors more often, report says
- Seattle man already accused of assaulting 2 strangers charged in Capitol Hill homicide
Grundy kept rooms at hotels in Tacoma and Bremerton. Court documents say the girls were assaulted if they disobeyed Grundy.
Prosecutors say the girls were runaways, and Grundy, a meth dealer, would provide them with the drug.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/