One person has been taken to the hospital after being shot in the shoulder by a Normandy Park police officer early Friday.
One person is in the hospital after being shot by a Normandy Park police officer shortly before 5 a.m. Friday.
Ryan Abbott, a spokesman for the King County Sheriff’s Office, said the subject was shot in the shoulder during a traffic stop in the 21600 block of 6th Avenue South.
He did not know the wounded person’s condition, but said the individual has been taken to the hospital. No officers were injured, Abbott said.
Normandy Park police asked the King County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit to investigate the shooting, Abbott said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- COVID's invisible toll on Seattle's trans community
- Before Tonga went quiet: A Washington woman tells of texting with her sister as the tsunami surged