Update at 5:30 p.m.: Police have determined the man’s gunshot wounds were self-inflicted. Police have not said whether the shooting was accidental.
Original post: A man was shot in the leg in Seattle’s Rainier Valley Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at Rainier Avenue South and South Garden Street shortly before 4 p.m., and found a man with a gunshot wound to the leg, according to the Seattle Police Department. The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
The Seattle Fire Department reported the man was in stable condition.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA's population is aging. The trend is most striking in these counties
- Investigation sheds light on tenure of fired director of WA Equity Office
- Hurricane Ridge closes indefinitely after lodge fire WATCH
- As WA State Ferries cancellations, delays continue, here's what to know VIEW
- Hopes for a downtown Seattle streetcar find new life in Mayor Harrell
Drivers should expect delays in the area, according to the Seattle Department of Transportation.
This post will be updated.