Update at 5:30 p.m.: Police have determined the man’s gunshot wounds were self-inflicted. Police have not said whether the shooting was accidental.
Original post: A man was shot in the leg in Seattle’s Rainier Valley Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at Rainier Avenue South and South Garden Street shortly before 4 p.m., and found a man with a gunshot wound to the leg, according to the Seattle Police Department. The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
The Seattle Fire Department reported the man was in stable condition.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tsunami threat recedes from huge Pacific volcanic eruption
- Washington experiences only slight tsunami surges from undersea eruption near Tonga
- Seattle police will no longer enforce some minor violations, including biking without a helmet
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- Everett pub owner arrested, charged with 10 counts of second-degree rape
Drivers should expect delays in the area, according to the Seattle Department of Transportation.
This post will be updated.