No one has been arrested in connection with the death of Shamar Curry, 32.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday identified Shamar Curry as the 32-year-old man killed Sunday evening next to the Rainier Playfield.
Curry died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to investigators.
Seattle police say the shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- Birders flock to 520 bridge to catch glimpse of rare visitor
- Snoqualmie Tribe says Forterra misled it, feds in $20M grant application
- Bodies, majority of wreckage recovered from Whidbey Island plane crash
- 5 additional bodies recovered from Whidbey Island floatplane crash
- Seattle among U.S. cities with biggest drops in gym memberships
A second male victim was located after he was taken to Harborview by acquaintances and was interviewed by detectives, police said.
A number of children were playing at Rainier Playfield at the time of the shooting.
No one has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting.