Witnesses said a fight in Ballard's Golden Gardens Park had broken out and two men, one with a rifle and another with a handgun, were shooting at each other. A man was taken to Harborview Medical Center after being shot in the back.
A man was found with a graze wound to his back at Golden Gardens Park about midnight Wednesday after witnesses reported a gunfight between two people, police said.
About 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, witnesses began calling 911 to report shots were fired in the park. Some reported that a fight had broken out and two men, one with a rifle and another with a handgun, were shooting at each other.
The injured man was taken to Harborview Medical Center and is recovering, police said.
Police said they found 21 rifle rounds and six 0.380-caliber rounds in the area where witnesses said the shooting took place. The witnesses told police that after a fight a man pulled out a rifle and began shooting, and a second man pulled out a handgun to return fire, police said.
Most Read Local Stories
- University of Washington scientist weighs in on spread of new omicron COVID variant
- As Washington state public schools lost students during pandemic, home-schooled population has boomed
- COVID variant spreads to more countries as world on alert
- Maps from Seattle elections that made Bruce Harrell mayor show where races were won and lost
- Wet, blustery and cool weather to continue in Puget Sound region
The Seattle Police Department gang units are investigating and ask anyone with information to call 206-233-5000, authorities said.