Tukwila police are investigating after a man was found collapsed in a backyard with an apparent gunshot wound.
Tukwila police are investigating a shooting in Tukwila that left one man seriously injured, according to a news release.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after police found him with an apparent gunshot wound in the backyard of a house near South 140th Street and Military Road South, the department said. The victim was in serious but stable condition late Wednesday.
The shooting took place about 9 p.m., according to police, who believe the victim initially fled after being shot and then collapsed at the home a block away. Police do not believe the shooting was a “random act,” according to the news release.
No arrests have been made. The Tukwila Police Department Major Crimes unit is investigating.
Most Read Local Stories
- Bodies, majority of wreckage recovered from Whidbey Island plane crash
- Seattle area could see its warmest start to October in decades
- King County wants to add homeless housing while many of its buildings are still empty
- Snoqualmie Tribe says Forterra misled it, feds in $20M grant application
- Seattle among U.S. cities with biggest drops in gym memberships
The victim is one of four people injured in shootings in King County on Wednesday. Three men were wounded in a drive-by shooting in North Seattle and taken to Harborview for treatment, one with life-threatening injuries.