The 28-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail on investigation of felony assault.
Seattle police arrested a 28-year-old man early Monday after they say he attacked a security guard and broke through a secured door at Q-13 FOX studios.
Just before 3 a.m., the 26-year-old security guard heard a loud bang at the front window of the TV station, at 1813 Westlake Ave. N., and went to investigate, said police spokesman Patrick Michaud.
The man kicked and struck the guard, then broke a secure door before walking away as another employee called 911, he said.
The man was quickly arrested across the street from the television station. He told officers he “wanted to meet a friend,” said Michaud, who couldn’t provide additional details.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big snow expected in Cascades — and Seattle may get some, too
- Snow in the mountains, wind gusts everywhere as winter hits Seattle
- Orange barriers are the new Black Friday accessory at Westlake Park
- My Seattle neighborhood had a plywood and GoFundMe kind of Thanksgiving
- Seattle Marathon: Road closures, where to park and weather forecast
The guard did not have any reported injuries, said Michaud. The Seattle Fire Department’s online 911 log does show a single engine responded to the studios on an aid call.
The suspect was booked into the King County Jail on investigation of felony assault.