Detectives arrested the suspect in Puyallup on Monday night without incident, police said.
Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the fatal shooting of a 32-year-old man next to Rainier Playfield.
Shamar Curry, 32, was found sprawled in the street with a gunshot wound to the torso July 9, according to the Seattle Police Department. He was pronounced dead at Harborview Medical Center.
A number of children were playing at the Playfield when the shooting occurred in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street. A second man was also struck by gunfire.
Detectives arrested a man in Puyallup Monday night without incident, police said. He was booked into King County Jail for investigation of murder.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where did Seattle's summer go? Here’s the forecast
- WA gasoline sales drop, lifestyles change amid soaring prices
- Two men dead after trench collapse in Shoreline, fire officials say
- Where should the new light rail route go in Seattle? City Council gives some recommendations
- Is Seattle shrinking or still growing? Depends who you ask
Curry was the first of two men fatally shot near Rainier Playfield within one week. A second man, who has not been identified, was killed in a drive-by shooting Friday.