The 41-year-old suspect has been booked into Snohomish County Jail for investigation of first-degree assault.
EVERETT — An Everett man is hospitalized with a brain injury and another man is in jail in connection with his assault.
Everett Police Sgt. Maryjane Hacker says the 47-year-old victim was found unconscious on the ground late Monday on the 3600 block of Smith Avenue in Everett.
Police believe he was kicked in the head. They’ve arrested a 41-year-old suspect who was booked into Snohomish County Jail for investigation of first-degree assault.
Hacker said Wednesday morning that the victim remains in critical condition at a local hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- There are sprouts of hope in downtown Seattle, but they are wilting
- Murder-suicide ended Port Orchard shootout, troopers say
- 1 killed near Cal Anderson Park; 9 wounded in Seattle-area night of gun violence
- Skyway fights for housing, parks and community at ‘critical moment’
- Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle's protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
Both the victim and suspect are believed to be homeless.
Hacker says the suspect did not admit to hurting the victim. He told police he touched the man’s head with his ankle.
Police say video cameras set up by a nearby business captured footage of the victim collapsing but not of the assault.