A SeaTac man accused of groping two girls in the wave pool at Wild Waves Theme Park pleaded not guilty Monday to two counts of child molestation.
A 37-year-old man accused of groping two girls at Wild Waves Theme Park pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of first- and third-degree child molestation.
MD R. Islam, of SeaTac, remains in jail in lieu of $100,000 bail. His next court hearing is scheduled for Aug. 17.
According to charging documents filed in King County Superior Court, the two girls, ages 11 and 15, were swimming in the Federal Way water park’s wave pool on July 18 when Islam fondled their breasts under the water.
Court documents say the 11-year-old alerted her mother, who immediately notified park security. The 15-year-old told police she was in the pool with her boyfriend, when she suddenly felt someone grab and squeeze one of her breasts.
Most Read Local Stories
- Woman killed by light-rail train at Mount Baker Station
- Vessel carrying 2,600 gallons of fuel, oil sinks near San Juan Island
- There are sprouts of hope in downtown Seattle, but they are wilting
- 1 killed near Cal Anderson Park; 9 wounded in Seattle-area night of gun violence
- Murder-suicide ended Port Orchard shootout, troopers say
Prosecutors said Islam could face a potential life sentence under the state’s indeterminate sentencing guidelines. In addition, prosecutors said he poses a safety risk to the public as his alleged “brazen” attack on at least two girls in a crowded area in broad daylight, indicate a “strong deviancy.”