A 13-year-old girl, who is developmentally disabled, disappeared from her Skyway apartment Saturday evening, prompting a massive search.
The King County Sheriff’s Office say they have located a missing developmentally disabled 13-year-old girl with friends in West Seattle.
The sheriff’s office says Grayce Evans disappeared Saturday between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. from the Creston Point Apartments in the Skyway neighborhood in South Seattle. The girl’s mother said she went into another room and when she returned, Grayce was gone.
Deputies and neighbors searched the area for hours without luck.
Her mother says Grayce has developmental delays, has the capacity of a 7-year-old and usually doesn’t leave without her.
Most Read Local Stories
- A tour inside the West Seattle Bridge reveals 'banjo tight' repairs
- 'We are at war': So much for the GOP general election pivot to the middle
- Washington will elect non-Republican as secretary of state for the first time since 1960
- Families of 4 killed in Alaska floatplane crash sue Holland America, alleging cruise company pressures excursion operators
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Houck called the development a “happy outcome.”