It's the ltest in a string of fires at Kingdom Halls throughout the South Sound; ATF has offered a $25K reward for information.
LACEY, Wash. (AP) — An early morning fire destroyed a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Lacey and it’s being investigated as a possible arson.
KOMO reports the fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. Friday. There were no reports of injuries.
It’s the latest in a string of attacks on Jehovah’s Witness churches in the South Sound. In July ATF agents connected three arsons and one reported shooting this year at Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls in Olympia, Tumwater and Yelm.
ATF investigators have been called to the scene in in Lacey, in addition to Thurston County Sheriff’s deputies.
Most Read Local Stories
- Toxic PCBs festered at a Monroe school for eight years as students, teachers grew sicker
- WA launches website to order free COVID tests; here's how to get them
- Research shows psychedelic mushrooms can help treat depression. Is legalization on the horizon for Washington?
- 'Hey, boys, you've got to keep it down': In Ballard, noisy sea lions are a real scene
- Wiring, cables twice cut and stolen under Magnolia Bridge, bringing internet, phone outages