A man was found in Sodo with multiple gunshot wounds, according to Seattle police.
A man died from multiple gunshot wounds in Sodo early Friday, according to the Seattle Police Department blotter. Homicide detectives are investigating.
A report of gunfire at Fourth Avenue South and South Royal Brougham Way was called into 911 just after 4 a.m.
The blotter stated that “Officers arrived and found a man in his 40s lying on the ground, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Officers continue to speak with witnesses as they search the surrounding areas for a suspect.”
A portion of Fourth Avenue South was closed for the investigation Friday morning and buses were rerouted off that street. King County Metro directed riders to use stops south of South Royal Brougham Way or north of Seattle Boulevard South.
Most Read Local Stories
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- COVID's invisible toll on Seattle's trans community
- Before Tonga went quiet: A Washington woman tells of texting with her sister as the tsunami surged
- No single cause for 2021's surge in gunfire in Seattle. Grief, lack of answers plague families of victims
- Tsunami threat recedes from huge Pacific volcanic eruption
Southbound lanes were reopened after 6 a.m. Northbound lanes were closed as of 6:50 a.m.
If you have information related to the case, call the homicide/assault tip line at 206-233-5000.