Jamie Haggard hasn’t contacted her family or used her cellphone or credit cards since June 8, 2016, the sheriff’s office said. Detectives believe she is dead.
Detectives didn’t find clues to the whereabouts of a missing 27-year-old woman while excavating the backyard of her Kenmore home on Thursday morning, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
It’s the second time since July that detectives have dug at the home in search of Jamie Haggard.
“We have received information that she may be buried in the back of this house,” sheriff’s spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West said Thursday. “We searched it a year ago and didn’t find anything, but the backyard is huge … A source contacted us and told us the body was buried in the yard and directed us to a different location.”
Haggard hasn’t contacted her family or used her cellphone or credit cards since June 8, 2016, the sheriff’s office said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area weather updates: Snow, school closures, snarled traffic
- A wave breaks? In downtown Seattle, crime is now falling
- WA Supreme Court clears way for state to collect capital-gains tax
- Wintry weather continues in Seattle area, with wet snow, rain on way
- Western WA in for freezing temps, lowland snow and more wintry weather
Haggard’s family reported her missing June 17, the sheriff’s office said. At the time, they said her disappearance was considered suspicious.
West said detectives believe Haggard is dead.
The backyard where detectives searched is at a vacant house in the 8200 block of Northeast 145th Street.
The sheriff’s office asks that anyone with information on the disappearance of Haggard call 206-296-3311.