Colton Harris-Moore, now in prison, got his moniker as a result of a series of car, boat and plane thefts, some of which he committed while barefoot.
SEATTLE (AP) — A convicted thief who became widely known as the teenage “Barefoot Bandit” as a result of a series of car, boat and plane thefts says his mother has died.
KIRO-Radio reports Colton Harris-Moore said Wednesday that his mother, Pam Kohler, died Tuesday night.
Harris-Moore, now 25, had earlier spoken of cryogenically freezing his mother with the hope that medical advances would allow her to be revived and her lung cancer treated.
Harris-Moore is serving a six-year prison sentence at the Stafford Creek Corrections Center and is set to be released this summer.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA's wealthiest are richer than even the tax collectors guessed
- West Seattle road-ramp breakdown is worse than just one hole
- Memorial Day weekend starts with San Juan ferry cancellations
- WA recovery advocate Ricky Klausmeyer-Garcia of 'Ricky's Law' dies at 37
- WA's new capital gains tax brings in far more than expected