Share story

The Seattle Fire Department is investigating an RV fire in Ballard early Tuesday morning.

Fire crews were called to Sixth Avenue North and Northwest 45th Street for a motor home on fire, SFD spokesman Kyle Moore said.

People calling 911 reported an explosion prior to the 2:30 a.m. fire. The two people living in the trailer were able to escape with only minor burns to their hands, Moore said.

“Fire investigators have ruled the fire was accidental, Moore said. “The fire was caused by a burning candle inside the motor home.”

The trailer, which sustained $5,000 in damage, was destroyed, he said.