A man was taken into custody by Auburn police after a woman was shot.
Auburn police are investigating the early morning Thursday shooting death of a woman in what appears to be a domestic-violence incident.
Police were called to a residence in the 1000 block of U Street Northwest at 1:23 a.m. for a possible shooting, according to an Auburn Police Department statement.
A male at the scene told police there was a “family dispute inside his residence involving an adult male and adult female.”
The person who called police said he had heard gunshots inside the residence before fleeing.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with an adult male who was inside the home. When he came out, police went inside and found the body of a deceased woman, police said.
The man was taken into custody and police said there were no other suspects being sought.