The principal, who suffered serious injuries to his face, was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
COLLEGE PLACE, Walla Walla County — Authorities say two high school students have been arrested after an attack on a middle school principal.
Walla Walla County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Shanda Zessin says police were called Thursday afternoon to John Sager Middle School in College Place.
Zessin says authorities responded and found Principal Dale Stopperan with injuries to his face.
College Place police say the students, who attend College Place High School on the same campus, threatened the principal using a spear-type object.
Most Read Local Stories
- Omicron flips 'big switch' at Seattle-area hospitals as ICUs are spared from COVID surge
- Lawmakers hit brakes on WA Cares payroll tax, plan big changes
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 20: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Several families still unable to return to Bellevue street where hill gave way, house slid
- WA Supreme Court upholds $18M campaign finance fine against grocery industry group
Zessin says the students were taken into custody at the scene and that officers weren’t looking for other suspects.
Zessin says Stopperan’s injuries were serious but not life-threatening. She says he was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
The schools were placed on lockdown during the incident.