Two men are recovering at Harborview Medical Center from injuries sustained Friday evening in a shooting in Seattle’s Columbia City neighborhood.
Seattle police say the incident occurred at about 5:35 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and South Edmonds Street.
The victims were in a vehicle heading south when they were shot at from another car, described as a black sedan. The sedan sped away, traveling west.
The victims’ vehicle slammed into three other vehicles before coming to a stop. Light-rail service was suspended while officers cleared the crash scene.
Most Read Local Stories
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
- Seattle area cooldown could mean lightning, thunderstorms
- Trump-backed challenger Joe Kent surpasses U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, leaving her on edge of primary defeat
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Anti-abortion Church at Planned Parenthood pastor says he'll intensify WA protests
Detectives from the Seattle Police Department’s gang unit are investigating.
Sound Transit’s southbound Link light-rail trains were temporarily held in both directions.