Two people are in custody after a Sunday attempted armed robbery at a Greenwood marijuana shop.
Two people are in custody after an attempted armed robbery at a Greenwoord marijuana store, Seattle police said.
Two suspects wearing masks entered the Have a Heart marijuana store in the 300 block of Northwest 85th Street around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to a Seattle Police Department release.
An employee watching security-camera footage remotely from his home alerted police that two armed people were inside the building and tying up employees, the department said.
Police responding to the scene set up a containment perimeter around the building. When the suspects left, police ordered both men to stop and drop the large duffel bags they were carrying. Both men complied and were detained at the scene, where police also recovered a handgun to be placed into evidence, SPD said.
Most Read Local Stories
- '50% was a mistake': Seattle City Council abandoned the idea of defunding police
- Traffic chaos forces closure of I-90 westbound from Mercer Island through Sunday
- Monday night, Jupiter to make closest approach in nearly 60 years
- Chinatown International District pushes back at expanded homeless shelter. Officials ask where else?
- WA is stuck with a travel nurse dilemma, pitting care against costs
Upon searching the building, officers found that the store employees had been able to free themselves and run out a side door. The workers, who were not injured, provided statements to officers.
The suspects’ names have not yet been released. They were booked into the King County Jail on investigation of robbery, the department said. One is 36 years old; the other is 47.
Police continue to investigate.