An 18-year-old man was shot in the leg while sitting in his car in Columbia City early Thursday morning.
An 18-year-old man was shot in the leg while sitting in his car in Columbia City early Thursday.
Police responded to a call that a man had been shot at Rainier Avenue South and South McClellan Street a little after midnight. The victim told officers he had been sitting in his car near 42nd Avenue South and South Juneau Street when another car approached, according to Seattle Police.
An argument between people in the two cars followed and then someone shot through the open window of the car, hitting the man in the thigh, he told police.
Medics took the injured man to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA's first alpine roller coaster opens in Leavenworth WATCH
- State Sen. Mark Mullet announces bid for WA governor
- After shootings and new threats, Seattle's Garfield High cancels in-person classes
- Kamiak High coach, substitute teacher fired after sexual misconduct accusations
- For months, Gluesenkamp Perez didn't pay property taxes on Portland business
Gang detectives are investigating the incident. If you have any information, call 911 and ask to speak with an officer, police said.