Esteban Underwood was barely 2 years old when his father Steven Underwood was shot and killed in 2001 while working for the Des Moines Police Department.
EVERETT — About 100 uniformed officers lined up outside a stadium in Everett to greet the son of a slain police officer as he graduated from high school.
Esteban Underwood was barely 2 years old when his father Steven Underwood was shot and killed in 2001 while working as a police officer in Des Moines, south of Seattle. One of the teens the officer had stopped had a felony arrest warrant and shot and killed him.
The (Everett) Herald says Underwood’s fellow officer, Bob Crane, promised his widow that the law enforcement family would look out for Esteban.
Last week, uniformed officers from many law enforcement agencies showed up to support Esteban Underwood as he graduated from Woodinville High School.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA launches website to order free COVID tests; here's how to get them
- Omicron flips 'big switch' at Seattle-area hospitals as ICUs are spared from COVID surge
- Washington confirmed the country's first COVID patient 2 years ago. What have we learned?
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- 'Hey, boys, you've got to keep it down': In Ballard, noisy sea lions are a real scene
The teen stopped to shake every officer’s hand and to thank them.