The injured resident, a female, was found on the grass below the balcony of her second-story apartment. She was taken to a local hospital; her condition wasn’t known
One person was injured and 44 people left homeless in a fire that damaged 18 units of a three-story SeaTac apartment building early Saturday, the Kent Regional Fire Authority said.
The cause of the 1:20 a.m. fire in the 3200 block of South 192nd Street was under investigation.
Fire and smoke were coming from the back of the second and third stories when the first firefighters arrived.
The injured resident, a female, was found on the grass below the balcony of her second-story apartment, according to the fire authority. She was taken to a local hospital; her condition wasn’t known Saturday night.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where did Seattle's summer go? Here’s the forecast
- WA gasoline sales drop, lifestyles change amid soaring prices
- Two men dead after trench collapse in Shoreline, fire officials say
- Where should the new light rail route go in Seattle? City Council gives some recommendations
- Is Seattle shrinking or still growing? Depends who you ask
Firefighters mounted an aggressive attack against the fire because many residents were believed to be home and asleep, the fire authority said.
Residents were able to evacuate and the Red Cross responded to assist those who were displaced, the fire authority said. The apartment-building management also helped by providing apartments nearby.
King County Metro Transit provided a bus to keep residents warm and transport them to the other complex.