A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service.
A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service between Portland and Seattle until Friday.
BNSF Railway, which owns the track, has placed a 48-hour moratorium on train travel through the area.
Amtrak is working on bus transportation for passengers.
Regular train service will operate north of Seattle and south of Portland.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
Passengers seeking refunds should go to Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL.