A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service.
A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service between Portland and Seattle until Friday.
BNSF Railway, which owns the track, has placed a 48-hour moratorium on train travel through the area.
Amtrak is working on bus transportation for passengers.
Regular train service will operate north of Seattle and south of Portland.
Most Read Local Stories
- Rising rents push Seattle residents farther into suburbs
- Judge rules BNSF intentionally violated terms of easement with Swinomish tribe
- Northbound I-5 offramp near Green Lake reopens after body found nearby
- Seattle weather forecast: Sunny skies and warming temps
- Miami Seaquarium, owner of NFL's Colts tease announcement about last Puget Sound orca in captivity
Passengers seeking refunds should go to Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL.