The bodies of a Kirkland couple in their 60s were discovered Sunday after what police believe was a murder-suicide.
A couple in their 60s are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in Kirkland, police said Sunday night.
Police responded at about 11 a.m. to a report of a dead man found in a residence in the 10300 block of 113th Court Northeast, according to a news release from Kirkland Police.
The man’s body was discovered in a garage by a family member who hadn’t heard from him and went to check on him. The man’s injuries appeared self-inflicted, the news release said.
The body of a woman believed to be the dead man’s wife was located in the kitchen. Police said the incident appeared to be the result of a murder-suicide that occurred in the past couple of days.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Kirkland police are investigating the deaths. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Phil Goguen at 425-587-3503 or at Pgoguen@kirklandwa.gov.