by KING 5 News
A man who was hit by a car on Interstate 5 in south Seattle early Thursday morning has died.
He was struck at 1:30 a.m. while standing in the southbound lanes of I-5 near Boeing Field, according to the Washington State Patrol. It’s believed the man was 44-years-old and a transient.
Troopers said he was standing in lane two of the freeway near Rose Street when he was hit.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
The man suffered serious injuries and was taken to Harborview Medical Center, but died before 6 a.m.