A woman who suffered some sort of medical emergency in her cell at the King County Jail has died at Harborview Medical Center, according to the county’s Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention.
The 41-year old Seattle woman had been booked into the downtown Seattle jail on March 20 for investigation of felony domestic violence assault. On Friday morning, a corrections officer found the woman in “medical distress” in her cell and called for assistance, according to a news release.
Jail medical staff and Medic One responded and the woman was rushed to Harborview, where she died at at 6:19 p.m. Monday.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office will release the cause and manner of the woman’s death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
The Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention and Public Health – Seattle & King County will investigate the death.