Three young people, ages not available, were arrested early this morning after they were caught inside Eckstein Middle School in Seattle attempting to walk away with some musical instruments, say Seattle police.
Officers responded to an alarm at the school about 1:30 a.m. and saw the three would-be thieves inside holding flashlights and trying to purloin the instruments, according to police spokeswoman Renee Witt.
Realizing the cops were there, the three hopeful bandits dropped the goods and ran out an exit door, but to no avail.
They were caught, fingerprinted, photographed and interviewed, but then handed over to their parents.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
Eckstein Middle School is in the 3000 block of Northeast 75th Street in North Seattle.