Lupo Benson, a Kent-Meridian senior, died at Harborview Medical Center Wednesday, according to the Kent School District.
A Kent-Meridian High School student died Wednesday, a day after an apparent “car-surfing” accident in the school’s parking lot.
Lupo Benson, a senior, died at Harborview Medical Center, according to the Kent School District. Shortly after classes ended Tuesday, Benson reportedly jumped on a moving car in the lot and fell.
Adults, the school nurse and an ambulance all responded within four minutes, Kent School District spokesman Chris Loftis said.
Counselors were available for students Wednesday, Kent-Meridian Principal Wade Barringer said in a letter sent to families.
Most Read Local Stories
- Free at-home COVID tests are back. Here's how to order
- Get ready for rain: A 'parade' of wet weather is about to hit Western WA
- Seattle tops major cities for share of workers in tech
- Seattle has surpassed 2022 homicide toll — with 3 months left in 2023
- The splitting of Seattle — and the Eastside, too — is accelerating
“Lupo Benson was a very well-liked student, and has been a positive member of the KM family for the past four years,” Barringer said in the letter. “He will be especially missed by his teammates, teachers, friends and everyone he touched with his charismatic personality and spirited demeanor.”
The incident is under investigation, according to the Kent Police Department. The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has requested to review the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed against the driver, whose name has not been released.