Fireworks ignited the cedar-shake roof of a two-story Kent home Thursday afternoon, according to the Kent Fire Department.
Investigators say the fire that occurred around 1 p.m. on the 20800 block of 102 Place Southeast was accidental, according to Kyle Ohashi, a department spokesman. No one was inside the home when the fire took over the entire roof and reached the rafter of the second story, he said.
A few sparks caused a neighboring house’s cedar shake roof to smolder, but firefighters were able to quickly put out both fires, according to Ohashi.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world