The Associated Press
LONGVIEW — A Kelso woman was struck and killed by a car as she was coming home from her regular run, according to the Cowlitz County coroner.
Julia M. Smith, 56, died Thursday morning not far from her home, Coroner Tim Davidson told The Daily News.
The driver was interviewed and released while the investigation continues, according to the Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases