From The Associated Press:
Before setting his house on fire and killing himself and his two sons, Josh Powell left a voicemail for his family, saying he couldn’t live without the boys and didn’t want to go on.
ABC News obtained what it says was a voicemail Powell left for his family. In the recording played Tuesday on “Good Morning America” Powell also said he was calling to say goodbye and apologize.
“I’m sorry to everyone I’ve hurt,” he is heard saying. “Goodbye.”
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Powell, the husband of missing Susan Powell, died along with his children Sunday. An autopsy showed the children also suffered hatchet wounds to their necks. He was a person of interest in his wife’s 2009 disappearance.
Check our latest coverage.