The Associated Press
KINGSTON, Jamaica – U.S. authorities have repatriated a former police officer from Jamaica charged with murder.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says 34-year-old Carlington David Richards fled Jamaica days before his court appearance last year. The agency said in a statement Friday that Richards entered the U.S. on a visitor visa that has since expired.
Richards was arrested in Seattle in March during a nationwide operation that netted more than 3,100 criminal suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades