[google-map-sc width=”200″ height=”200″]
A 51-year-old Issaquah man died Saturday evening after tumbling down a 50-foot cliff overlooking Lake Kachess.
Glenn Williams and his wife and daughter were driving on Forest Service Road 4900 in a remote area off I-90, approximately 10 miles northeast of Snoqualmie Pass, when they stopped to take in a view of the lake, according to a news release from the Kittitas County Sheriff’s office.
Williams fell into the lake, where a boater later found him and brought him to shore. Deputies responded at about 9:20 p.m, and Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide