The average incoming freshman at the University of Washington in fall 2011 had a 3.75 grade-point average, scored a 633 (out of 800) on the math portion of the SAT, and made a 579 on the reading portion of the SAT.
The profile of the typical freshman student emerges from the UW’s annual profile of freshman and transfer statistics for the autumn 2011 quarter.
The most popular major requested was business administration, followed by biology and psychology. And although the largest number of applicants was from Washington (10,637) and the second-largest from California (4,642), the third runner-up was China, with 3,290 applicants. That’s more applicants from China than the rest of the top 10 states combined.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?