A car struck a house in Redmond just after 8 p.m. Saturday, and both went up in flames when a gas line was apparently hit, according to Redmond police.
The driver of the car was not seriously hurt, and the house was vacant, police spokesman Jim Bove said.
The driver of the 1997 Lexus sedan told police she was having trouble with the car just before the accident, and that it swerved off the road and into the house in the 14800 block of NE 61st Way, Bove said.
Police don’t believe alcohol was an issue in the accident, Bove said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting