We want to hear from homeowners, business owners and renters. Contact Seattle Times reporter Jim Brunner at email@example.com or 206-515-5628.
We want to know how this year’s unusually high property-tax increase is affecting you.
The bills are hitting mailboxes in the coming days, following state lawmakers’ approval of a property-tax hike to fund schools last year.
The increases vary by area, with averages of nearly 17 percent in King County, 16 percent in Snohomish County and 11.5 percent in Pierce County.
Whether you are considering an extra job, or maybe thinking about moving because of the rising fee, contact reporter Jim Brunner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-515-5628 to share your experience.
Most Read Local Stories
- Health officials close Kirkland restaurant after 34 people sickened
- Seattle police officer put on leave over sexist, racist slurs against neighbor
- Seattle Public Utilities asks customers to conserve water amid drought
- One dead in ultralight plane crash at Arlington airport
- Dumb money? A Redmond man bets $5 million on resurrecting the state GOP
We want to hear from homeowners, business owners and renters alike.
Include details such as where you live, how long you’ve lived there and what you will pay because of the hike this year.
We may feature your perspective in an upcoming story.
Material from The Seattle Times archives contributed to this report.