Who's the dummy? A woman who was driving in the HOV lane with a dolled-up mannequin in the passenger seat gave a trooper a fright -- and earned herself two tickets on Friday.
A woman who was caught driving in the HOV lane with a dolled-up mannequin gave a Washington State Patrol trooper quite a fright Friday morning.
And he rewarded her with a pair of traffic tickets.
Trooper Mark Francis said the woman was driving south on Interstate 5 in Lynnwood around 8 a.m. when she was pulled over for speeding. Seated next to her in the passenger seat was what appeared to be a lifeless body, Francis said.
“The trooper who pulled her over had once stopped a woman who was driving around with her husband’s dead body in the car and he thought that’s what he was seeing again,” said Francis.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man shot dead on Highway 520 bridge near Montlake early Monday
- 'Who are you becoming?' Why America needs Michelle Obama's message now | Tyrone Beason VIEW
- From Ciara to Sue Bird: Seattle celebrities among 18,000 who welcomed Michelle Obama to Tacoma
- Debt collectors that ‘sue, sue, sue’ can squeeze Washington state consumers for more cash | Times Watchdog
- Charging extra to get there? The Boeing story is yet another sign we're a corporatocracy | Danny Westneat
The trooper looked at “passenger’s” legs, which were covered with a blanket, and saw they weren’t moving. Nor did he see any evidence of breathing, Francis said.
“He asked her, ‘What’s up with your passenger?’ and she said, ‘Nothing,’ ” Francis said. “So then he said, ” ‘Tell him or her to sit up’ and she said, ‘I can’t.’ “
That’s when the trooper realized the “passenger” was a mannequin with heavy makeup and dressed in a hoodie, Francis said.
On a positive note, it was a Seahawks hoodie.
The woman was cited for speeding and a HOV violation, Francis said.