A 32-year-old man was killed Friday when he fell over a cliff while hiking on the Rattlesnake Ledge trail near North Bend, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
Another hiker called authorities late Friday afternoon and reported that he had seen the man fall, said spokeswoman Cindi West. The caller had hiked down the 300-foot embankment to the location where the man had fallen and determined he was dead, then walked to a parking lot where he called to report the death, West said.
Members of the sheriff’s search-and-rescue unit responded and determined the hiker had died.
The victim’s name was being withheld pending the notification of his family. He is believed to have been hiking alone, West said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska