Highway 18 was closed for three hours after the Friday morning crash, but now has reopened.
A collision early Friday halted traffic in both directions for three hours on Highway 18 in the Hobart area. The route was shut down at Interstate 90 and Issaquah Hobart Road but reopening midmorning.
Washington State Patrol Trooper Rick Johnson said on Twitter that two people died in a vehicle that was hit by a truck. He added that the truck “crossed the center line and struck a passenger vehicle.” The truck driver, he said, went to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition. He has been arrested on suspicion of two counts of vehicular homicide.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
The crash blocked all lanes, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation. Johnson advised drivers to avoid the area. Backup along the highway stretched more than three miles.
King 5’s Cam Johnson posted a short video from the site of the collision.