Highway 18 was closed for three hours after the Friday morning crash, but now has reopened.
A collision early Friday halted traffic in both directions for three hours on Highway 18 in the Hobart area. The route was shut down at Interstate 90 and Issaquah Hobart Road but reopening midmorning.
Washington State Patrol Trooper Rick Johnson said on Twitter that two people died in a vehicle that was hit by a truck. He added that the truck “crossed the center line and struck a passenger vehicle.” The truck driver, he said, went to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition. He has been arrested on suspicion of two counts of vehicular homicide.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- Don't worry, Seattle: Snow isn't likely this week, despite earlier warning
- Pearl Jam announces $10.8 million to combat homelessness
The crash blocked all lanes, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation. Johnson advised drivers to avoid the area. Backup along the highway stretched more than three miles.
King 5’s Cam Johnson posted a short video from the site of the collision.