In observance of Veterans Day, here is a list of Friday and Saturday changes in bus schedules, garbage pickup and other holiday changes.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed Friday and Saturday in observance of Veterans Day on Saturday:
• In Seattle, parking is free on Saturday, in observance of the holiday. http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/projects-and-programs/programs/parking-program/paid-parking-information/free-parking-days
• Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will be picked up on the regular schedule. https://www.recology.com/
• Most major banks and credit unions are closed Friday.
• All post offices are closed Saturday.
• Many Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed Friday.
However, on the holiday — Saturday — some centers and programs will be open. http://parkways.seattle.gov/2017/11/06/closed-veterans-day-2017/
• On Friday, King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a reduced weekday schedule, with reduced University of Washington service. Customer service is closed.
On Saturday, Metro Transit is operating on its regular Saturday schedule. http://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro.aspx
• Community, Sound and Everett transit buses are operating on a regular weekday schedule Friday. https://www.soundtransit.org/
• Pierce Transit buses and shuttles are operating on a weekday schedule Friday. https://www.piercetransit.org/
• Kitsap Transit will operate regular weekday service with limited service to PSNS on Friday. http://www.kitsaptransit.com/
• The Washington State Ferries system is operating on a regular schedule. http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/
Correction: A previous version of this post shared incorrect information from the Seattle Department of Transportation about curbside parking for Friday. The city has since corrected whether parking is free on Friday.