FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) — A 13-year-old girl has been accused of giving edible marijuana gummy bears to some classmates at her school, causing another girl to be hospitalized.
The investigation began last week after a 14-year-old Fair Lawn girl became ill after school and police were called. The girl was taken to a hospital and told Fair Lawn police a classmate had given her a gummy bear that supposedly would “stop her from stressing out.”
The item was determined to be a marijuana edible. Authorities soon learned the edibles were also given to other students during school hours.
The 13-year-old is now facing charges. But her name and further details on the charges have not been disclosed.
Most Read Local Stories
- From 'MAGA Republicans' to a $30 minimum wage, the political parties seem headed for a crackup
- 'Sitting on a gold mine': As change comes to Lynnwood, urban growth spurs debate
- Seattle traffic deaths show no sign of slowing as second bicyclist fatally struck this year
- Sen. Murray draws 17 challengers in WA state primary as filing deadline closes
- With closed-toe shoes, 4,000 volunteers clean up in One Seattle Day of Service
Authorities have not released the name of the school.