LJUBLJANA, Slovenia (AP) — Slovenian media say a hospital fire in a northern town has killed two people and injured at least one.
Public broadcaster RTV Slovenia says the fire erupted around 3 p.m. (1400 GMT; 9 a.m. EST) on Tuesday in one of the rooms of the general hospital in Jesenice, near the border with Austria.
The official STA news agency says two people have died and at least one person with severe burns has been transferred to a hospital in the capital, Ljubljana.
Police say they have evacuated part of the building. Firefighters have extinguished the blaze.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state waterfront owners asked to take dead whales
- ‘Boycott that question’: Citizen query unnecessary, says chair of Washington state census committee
- Is a stepfather still a father? Court says yes, handing Seattle woman a win
- Bullets hit South Seattle rec center in parking-lot shootout
- 'Petty argument' over baby gate ended with a Renton man fatally shooting his daughter, prosecutors say
No further details were immediately available.