LJUBLJANA, Slovenia (AP) — Slovenian media say a hospital fire in a northern town has killed two people and injured at least one.
Public broadcaster RTV Slovenia says the fire erupted around 3 p.m. (1400 GMT; 9 a.m. EST) on Tuesday in one of the rooms of the general hospital in Jesenice, near the border with Austria.
The official STA news agency says two people have died and at least one person with severe burns has been transferred to a hospital in the capital, Ljubljana.
Police say they have evacuated part of the building. Firefighters have extinguished the blaze.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
- With clear skies, you can see a full moon, meteor showers and 5 planets this weekend
- Seattle city attorney, in settling records suit, discloses memo advising council that income tax was illegal
No further details were immediately available.