LJUBLJANA, Slovenia (AP) — Slovenian media say a hospital fire in a northern town has killed two people and injured at least one.
Public broadcaster RTV Slovenia says the fire erupted around 3 p.m. (1400 GMT; 9 a.m. EST) on Tuesday in one of the rooms of the general hospital in Jesenice, near the border with Austria.
The official STA news agency says two people have died and at least one person with severe burns has been transferred to a hospital in the capital, Ljubljana.
Police say they have evacuated part of the building. Firefighters have extinguished the blaze.
Most Read Local Stories
- Biden to give away 400 million N95 masks starting next week
- Driver arrested after video shows Jeep plowing into Seattle snowball fight, police say
- Several families still unable to return to Bellevue street where hill gave way, house slid
- When the Seattle area's stretch of dry, mild weather could end
- Washingtonians will soon be able to order free rapid COVID tests through new state website
No further details were immediately available.