The Associated Press
OLYMPIA — Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire is a grandmother.
Gregoire’s office told The Associated Press on Friday that Audrey Christine Lindsay was born Thursday at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. She’s Gregoire’s first grandchild and the first child for 33-year-old Courtney Gregoire and her husband, Scott Lindsay. The couple was married at the governor’s mansion in 2008.
They moved back to the state from Washington, D.C. earlier this year so that Courtney Gregoire could take a job at Microsoft. She previously had been deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
Gov. Gregoire said she and her husband, Mike, are “thrilled to welcome Audrey to the world.” Gov. Gregoire has another daughter, 27-year-old Michelle, who is currently a law student at the University of Washington.