The Associated Press
A 15-year-old girl was paralyzed from the chest down in a gymnastics accident in Sumner.
Jacoby Miles is in Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after landing on her neck in practice.
KOMO reports it happened Friday at Roach Gymnastics as Jacoby was practicing a dismount.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Her father, Jason Miles, says her spinal cord wasn’t severed but she lost all feeling below her chest. She has some feeling in her arms. Doctors think Jacoby could regain movement in her wrists but it’s unlikely she’ll walk again.